Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chase Freedom Credit Card Review: How They Scam You!

I signed up for the Chase Freedom credit card, being allured by the "\$100 bonus cash back after you spend \$500 in the first 3 months."
Well I spent over \$500 in the first three months, and come five months, come six months, this chunk of points hadn't been deposited in my account.

I called once and they said that there were 1000 points (=\$10) that I had received as 'first purchase' bonus points; when I signed up for the card it wasn't written anywhere that I was to receive 'first purchase' points, so when I received those points in the first month I thought that it was some additional bonus. But when I described the \$100 offer after 3 months they said "no, it doesn't say anywhere in your terms and conditions that you were to receive \$100 if you spent over \$500 in the first 3 months..."
Doubting myself, I checked online and found the exact language,
You will receive 10,000 bonus points with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for a \$100 check. To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make purchases totaling \$500 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Purchases do not include using your account for balance transfers or cash advances, or using any checks that access your account. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.
 I called back, and read it to the representative, and I didn't get into the third sentence before being cut off, "oh, yes, I don't know why it wasn't awarded to your account, the other \$90 will be in your account in 5 business days." Wait, what? The other \$90? As if suddenly the 'first purchase' points were a part of the \$100 bonus?
CROOKS!
...Now its two weeks later and they STILLLL haven't dropped those points in my account. On the plus side I just came across this advertisement saying that instead of getting \$100 after spending \$500 in 3 months, you get \$200 dollars! I'm bringing this into the branch and will throw a fit until they are held accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment